My Savannah. Bubbly, precotious, friendly, too smart for her own good, sweet, and sooo much more. What a kid. She has grown so much over the last couple of years, of course, but it has been this last year, particularly, that she has become "My Little Girl" and not just "My Baby" anymore. She looks "bigger", talks more sophisticated and is just growing up right in front of me. We were at the salon today getting our hair cut and she just sat there in the chair so still, watching in the mirror every cut that my girlfriend, Laine made. She loves to get her hair done, just like her mommy.
She has been in preschool this year also, and is loving it. She has developed so much since she first started going for just daycare. She knows her ABC's, she is learning her numbers, and is developing her social skills. Her teacher pulled me aside the other day and commented on how well she does during learning time. She loves to read stories, or have them read to her, so she always picks out two or three of her books to take to school with her everyday that she goes. Another way she has grown, which is so much less heart-breaking on mom, is that she is excited to go to school everytime. She was never one to through an all out kicking and screaming tempertantrum, but she would put on a sad face and get weepy and clingy. Talk about making it hard to leave her and not feel guilty, even though I knew it was just a show for mommy. She didn't do for daddy and her teacher said she was always back to her happy self 5-10 mins. after I left. What a kid. It will be interesting to see how she does when we move back to Bountiful. She's good at making friends and playing on her own too, so it will just take some time I imagine. Not to say that it will be an adjustment for me too.
She is doing well coping with the fact that her daddy has been gone a lot too. She used to handle it different when he would leave for an install for work. After he would be gone for a week or so and then return she would be mad at him and not want him to hold her or talk to her. She had to remember how to share her space and her mommy with him, so we started letting her watch our wedding video to help her remember how to be with us together. That helped, now she has no problem and gets all excited to see daddy when he comes home, which is a blessing since he has been gone even more. It will definitely be nice when we move to have Jon home again instead of commuting to UT during the week. yuck
My baby girl is growing up and all I can do is just sit back and watch. I love you Savannah!!!













2 notes of love:
isn't it so sad and exciting at the same time to see them grow up? I wish that the girls could be there to play together, Soon though, soon!
She has grown up so much! I can't wait to get all the girls together to play, they will be adorable. Everyone get there cameras ready. We miss you too! Having the blog helps though. I love to read them and feel connected! I love you guys!
Post a Comment