So I'm having to break all of my rules, and schedule the c-sect. After talking about it with Jon we have decided that we just don't want to have to meet a new doc right now, so that leaves us with our only other option-scheduling. At my last visit on Thurs. last week I told Dr. Dowdle and he said that he would put me on the book for Tues. March 17--St. Patrick's Day! I don't know the time for sure yet but from what I've heard it will be way early in the morning, like 5:30 or 7:30 so I don't have to go long without eating. As for going into labor on my own before he would go out of town, well that's pretty much history too. He said I was "a whole lot of no where" in that dept., not effaced or dilated at all. ( I was hoping he would have some news to report b/c I have had a lot of braxton hicks contractions.) He does make an educated guess that she is just under 5lbs. right now though. I thought that was cool. This whole process is weird to me, even though I had one with Savannah; going in as an emergency and already having been in labor for sooo long I didn't really know what was going on around me. Now I have plenty of time to think about it. Argh, I just need to turn my brain off. haha, easier said than done for me. The bright side to the new due date is that it will be Spring Break here so my mom will be out of school, so she can watch Savannah since she will be out too, and be more help than if she was in session. That's going to be a bonus, and my sweet sister informed me that she would be here too, then my brother and his wife are going to come down that weekend to help too. Love my family!!!
When Jon realized what day that Tues. is he got on this kick (luckily he got off it real quick) that the baby was going to need another middle name---Pat, Patty, Patricia, etc... You know, to celebrate the day. I put my foot right down on that one. His response was that he was the one blessing the baby and once she was blessed I couldn't do anything about it. If you know Jon's family, you know what I'm talking about. (He's had a few siblings get their name changed spur of the moment while they were being blessed by Dad. Inspired change, of course. ) Jon's on a name kick, I'm just hoping she doesn't come out green :) heehee!
Well, that's the update for now. Toodles
Monday, February 23, 2009
I'm Scheduled
brought to you by B at 8:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 notes of love:
That's so great Brooke! It's fun to know when the baby is coming, cause then you are extra prepared! Congrats and Good luck! We will have to see the little green lady when she comes!
Post a Comment