Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Savannah's 1st Snowman

This post is a little late in coming, it actually goes with the one about the snow we got in Oct. Savannah was dieing to make a snowman the day that it snowed but it was too too cold and I didn't have my snow clothes, and I heard that the snow wouldn't even stick together from a couple of friends who did try. I told her she could try one by herself while she was out playing (she was totally unaffected by the cold, me on the other hand....yea you can guess-I'm a woose) but she said she didn't know how. That was a true statement though because she has never built one before. So later in the week as the snow was melting she wanted to go out and play in it again. She again asked me to come help her make a snowman and this time I said I would as soon as I finished up a project I was right in the middle of. Next thing I know as I'm looking out the window watching her, here she comes crawling along on her knees rolling a ball of snow. Now I thought to myself, "when did she learn how to do that, maybe at school, I don't know?" So I hurried and finished what I was doing, got bundled up, grabbed my camera and headed out to help her. She had all three balls rolled when I got out there she just needed help stacking them. So we stacked, then she picked out the rocks for the mouth and eyes, and some bark chips for the nose and ears. I got some twigs for the arms and helped her shove them into the snow. She was just giggling the whole time having a blast. She named him "her Brother". I asked her if we could take a picture of them together and she loved the idea so she could show her Daddy, who was out of town, and her Grammy Jan. We got some normal ones at the first then she decided that she needed to pose with "her brother", that's why there are so many pictures in the slideshow. But all in all it ended up being a great evening and she had a blast building her very first snowman. I love that she even did most of it herself, because I am usually so OCD that I "help" her do everything so it's "done right". This was a good experience for her to do it on her own. Good Job Nanna, I love you!

1 notes of love:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little brother. ya know we haven't even had a one drop of snow yet.