Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Cute Hubby

k so I'm playing catch up. I would put a picture with this but I have the hardest time getting pictures of just Jon and I, usually cuz I'm the one taking all of them. Anyway.....I was reading my sis-in-laws valentine's story and thought about mine, so I'd like to share. As most of you know Jon has started working with his brother Jason building "Green" custom homes, so he is in Utah all week and home on the weekends. Well this weekend he happens to be going snowmobiling with my dad and a few others in Yellowstone so he was suppose to come home Thurs. night instead of Fri. Now those of you who know us, in particular my hubby, you know that my hubby likes to pull my leg and that I'm very gullible. and quit frequently he likes to take advantage of that to surprise me. This year was no different. Savannah had her preschool party that morning but I didn't have to be to the salon till the afternoon so I dropped her off ran errands and did a little packing (haha packing....like that really happened). She was suppose to only stay at daycare for the party but being the softy that I am I helped out one of my clients who was in desperate need and went in early-leaving Savannah at daycare for Grandma to pick up. When I got to work there was a vase full of roses on my table, but no card. In asking the girls who dropped it off they accidentally spilled the beans. Jon had dropped them off earlier and told the girls that "he wasn't there". Not enough details to keep it a secret. The whole day he had been in town and totally dodging me, because I was all over the place and didn't see him once. I had to run back to the daycare before going to the salon and I left there at 11:20ish thinking Savannah was staying the rest of the day, come to find out that Jon had picked her up at 11:45. Like I said, he was tailing me all day and I had no clue. I even talked to him on the phone multiple times and everytime he pretended he was either working or just leaving Grandpa's house to head to Burley. Then that evening we were all suppose to go to dinner and I met my parents at the restaurant (still not suppose to know that he was in town), sat down and over my shoulder I see him come walking out of the bathroom and head towards the table to surprise me. ( he didn't know that the cat was out of the bag, but I was still genuinely surprised to see him.) To wrap it up: My sweet man came home early, hand delivered flowers and chocolate to my salon, picked up the chitlin from daycare, and entirely made my day. I Love You Jon-poo!!! Sorry if that was a ton of over detailing. That's just me.

1 notes of love:

Anonymous said...

I love surprises! I'm glad Jon took care of you this Valentines! save some chocolate for me!