So this week I get to be a mom of 4. Jon and are babysitting the 3 siblings still living at home while his Mom and Dad are in Ecuador for a convention. At first I was a little anxious, but let me tell you, I am singing a different song. So I guess this is an ode to Jeff and Jan. Do they know how to raise some wonderful kids or what?! You can tell that they have had their practice-9 kids: 5 married, 1 single, 3 at home still. I know that I'm not just speaking for myself, but all of us married ones can attest that we have some wonderful husbands and wife, and that we are all very blessed to have them as our eternal companions. As for the three still at home, well so far they are being totally wonderful. Elyse has just turned 18 and you would think that as a new 18 year old she might seize the opportunity to exercise that freedom; but she hasn't. Sure she has come and gone as she pleases, but if I ask her to be home around a certain time her response is "of course"; and then she is. And she is doing her share of the picking up from school and helping out with the various transportation's of the kids. They have all done their homework after school without being asked to do, practice their music lessons and they all help out with making dinner and setting the table, then putting it all away when we are done. They are teaching Savannah how to be a good helper too. They take her right under their wing and show her what to do; and she is having a blast playing with them. (the first thing she asks in the morning is "where are the boys?" and then can't wait for them to get home from school) I don't have to ask more than once for them to do the dishes or take the garbage. Basically they are making life of a mom of 4 a breeze. Now I know that I am probably getting better behavior than the normal day, but their normal days aren't too far off what I'm seeing this week. Let me just say: I LOVE THESE KIDS! Mom and Dad.......YOU ROCK!!! Thanks for raising beautiful children who love and respect their family, friends and spouses for those siblings that are married. Thank you for teaching them how to be righteous upstanding responsible citizens. We Love You. Thank you for asking us to watch them this week. Actually I should say: Thank you for asking us to "hang out" with them this week while you are gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













2 notes of love:
What, jacob and jens haven't had a fist fight yet? man you're lucky! And you are right they are growing up to be great kids!
So cute to read your blog! You guys are great sports to take on the extra kids for Jan & Jeff!
Post a Comment