Monday, October 20, 2008

My First Digital Scrapbook Page!!!


K so I totally know I should be in bed right now but I've been working on this off and on all day and I just finished it, so I wanted to share. I've been dabbling with the idea of digi scrapping for a while now, but just haven't taken the time to try it. Well.....I did today. My thoughts are that even though I love the feel of the paper and the 3D embellishments of traditional scrapping, my hang up always comes when I get to the picture; don't have time to sit and edit it (I can't leave a pic untouched), let alone find the pic(s) I want to use, then find a printer to use that I'm pleased with. Besides the picture problem is the fact that I would love to scrap on the go or while I travel and me being me, I feel like I have to have every single piece of my collection of supplies with me, so I never know what to pack. *hmph* See my frustrations....so the thought continues on that-HELLO!, I can have it all at my finger tips on the computer: pictures, editing, digi elements, you name it. On the go, will travel, doesn't take up a whole table of space for weeks on end because I am not a fast scrapper. Now that all sounds pretty good to me. Today I sat down while I had some time to kill and checked out http://www.shabbyprincess.com/ . It was a great site for beginners like myself. They have free downloadable kits and tutorials that walk you through a layout step by step, they even tell you how to save your layout. YES! Quite possibly I think I could be hooked. Now I just have put the guilty conscience aside and use all of my traditional supplies for card making. So let me know what you think. I think I completed this project in less time than I would have a traditional layout; and that included a couple of breaks for dinner and teaching myself from the tutorial. Em, Randi, I'm curious to hear your thoughts cuz you have heard my frustrations in person and you two are amazing scrappers. P.S. Thanks to my friend Angela Hill who suggested SP for my first layout.

7 notes of love:

Melissa said...

I love digital scrapbooking, but it is very addicting! It is so much easier and convenient! I am glad you have decided to start, your first page is soooo cute and Savanna is sure a cutie too!

Randi said...

I love it! I would totally do it, I have been to shabby princess..love that site..but I can not figure it out to save my life. I think this will be perfect for you, that and it gives me and Em more room at the scrap table. HEHEHEHE!!! Just kidding. I also like the idea of using your other supplies for cards. You are great at cards, so I would love for you to continue with that. Now, all we have left to discuss is your dillusion about me being a good scrapper....!?! :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey that's awesome, and if it's easier, then I would say go for it. I'll figure it out one day, or I guess have you teach me. Just let me know how to print them off so they look good.
Well, now you don't have an excuse to not scrap, so you'd better get busy! Then let us see!

Kyrie says Hi to Savannah

Heather said...

You are so right...it is addicting! I took an online class to start and I highly recommend it. It is at Jessica Sprague.com she has 4 a beg, intermediate, advanced, and super advanced. Watch the sign up dates close because they fill up in about 10 minutes. Also, Costco is the best place to print for the price. I make mine into books and just print when I have enough and the are bound like a cofee table book...

Kevin and Emily said...

This looks awesome! I have been thinking a lot about getting into digital scrapbooking to, cause I just don't see myself getting it done any way. You already look like a pro!

Jer and Jacquie O said...

Totally cute Brooke! Looks like a ton of fun...Don't even try to tempt me! :)

Melissa said...

I just wanted to congratulate you on your news! Another baby Girl, Yea! Tyler told me when they got back from Hawaii, I am so excited you y'all!